**Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.**
It’s time to rethink cyber security.
Historically, the first step to compromising an information system was to find access to it, or the network it operates on. Today, we’ve connected all systems together in a way that’s put all global adversaries on our doorstep.
Our response to this ever-shifting environment is to remove all central points of compromise by implementing controls cryptographically, on a fully decentralized platform.
Working at SpiderOak offers the chance to work on applied cryptography, asynchronous distributed systems, formal methods, and domain specific languages.
We are driven by how applying cutting edge ideas can lead to foundationally secure systems in orbit and on earth.
Who We Need
- Someone with experience working in Rust who can provide us with knowledge and experience in writing reliable, maintainable code.
- You will thrive at SpiderOak if you enjoy working collaboratively across cross-functional teams, with the unique ability to work in a fully remote/virtual environment.
What You'll Do
- Familiarize yourself with our current codebase and architecture.
- Extend our current codebase to provide new capabilities and enhanced assurance and performance.
- Help SpiderOak become exceptional at programming in Rust.
What To Expect
- In the first year in the role, you’ll be learning to collaborate with multiple teams to understand and extend our novel system.
- We provide a wide range of benefits including health care coverage, a 401(k) plan w/employer match, employer paid life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability policies, paid maternity and paternity leave, PTO, paid sick leave, and other benefits.
What We Provide
SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems is a 100% remote-based working environment. Our culture is built on trust and flexibility. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and welcome new ideas and talents.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. In other words, we welcome you just as you are!
To learn more about SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems, visit our website at: https://spideroak.com/home/