**Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.**
We're only as strong as our weakest link.
In the past, launch operations were vertically integrated, allowing space organizations to build cybersecurity systems based on internal trust. Today, the horizontal integration of ground stations, spacecraft, and payloads means trusting third parties with mission-critical data.
SpiderOak is committed to building secure and reliable software that protects our customers’ data. Our approach is fundamentally different from most mainstream security companies. Instead of adding layers of security on top of an insecure system, we build software that is inherently secure.
SpiderOak builds need-to-know technology that supports customers working in hostile environments. Traditional systems trust IT infrastructure to maintain the whole security system, even though the news is rife with evidence that this model does not work. Our software combines end to end encryption with a distributed ledger (aka Blockchain) technology to offer best-in-class security with no backdoors.
Who We Need
- A curious, motivated, Embedded Software or Systems Engineer with experience establishing a hardware emulation lab that will allow for integration testing, troubleshooting, and other various needs. You'll have some experience building software for embedded Microcontrollers (ARM, PIC) and broad, hands-on programming experience (we primarily develop in Rust).
- You'll have the ability to travel as necessary - up to 25% - likely at the start of integration, for a few days and for occasional troubleshooting with clients or customers.
- You will thrive in this role if you have a sense of initiative and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team, with the unique ability to work in a hybrid remote/office environment. You should enjoy interfacing with people and have the ability to build strong relationships with clients, customers, and strategic partners.
What You'll Do
- Create, establish, and manage a generalized 'FlatSat' hardware emulator environment for SpiderOak analysis, internal testing, and development of software onto embedded hardware.
- Interact with clients, customers, and mission partners in a number of ways, including integrations and troubleshooting. This will include some travel, as necessary.
- Provide demonstrations of our products directly to clients and customers, with the ability to successfully answer impromptu questions.
- Support on-site and remote integration with satellite manufacturing partners.
What To Expect
- In the first year in the role, your success will be defined by your ability to set up a hardware emulation lab that will allow for our own internal integration testing and demonstrations to our customers. This will include all phases of the lab: from the initial concept/proposal to the set-up, and on-going management.
- You'll need to engage with a variety of cross-functional partners to develop a phased approach to establishing the lab. You'll also work closely with the VP of Space Development in order to develop your own cost estimates and come up with the initial lab concept. You will also need to be a holder of a current US security clearance (ideally - TS/SCI), or have a willingness to go through the clearance process.
- SpiderOak Mission Systems is a hybrid work environment: you'll spend some of your time working out of our Reston office, and some of the week working remotely.
- We provide a wide-range of benefits including health care coverage, a 401(k) plan w/employer match, employer paid life insurance policy, short-term and long-term disability policies, paid maternity and paternity leave, PTO, paid sick leave, and other benefits.
What We Provide
SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems is a 100% remote-based working environment. Our culture is built on trust and flexibility. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and welcome new ideas and talents.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. In other words, we welcome you just as you are!
To learn more about SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems, visit our website at: https://spideroak.com/home/