Space Business Development Lead
Who is SpiderOak?
We want to change the world, and we’ve already done it once. SpiderOak has been building encrypted software since before the first iPhone was released.
SpiderOak is committed to building secure and reliable software that protects our customers’ data. Our approach is fundamentally different from most mainstream security companies. Instead of adding layers of security on top of an insecure system, we build software that is inherently secure.
SpiderOak builds need-to-know technology that supports customers working in hostile environments. Traditional systems trust IT infrastructure to maintain the whole security system, even though the news is rife with evidence that this model does not work. Our software combines end-to-end encryption with a distributed ledger (aka Blockchain) technology to offer best-in-class security with no backdoors.
What We Need
We’re a space cybersecurity startup, and we provide an entirely different and disruptive approach to solving the mission need: we must create our opportunities, not wait for them to happen. SpiderOak is looking for an individual contributor to grow our space business. This individual will report to the SVP Space. This position will be focused on US Government Space Acquisitions while maintaining an eye towards commercial space.
Your job will include the following duties:
- Hunt new customers through capture management. You will know everything happening in US Government Space Opportunities and map missions needs against our capabilities
- Grow existing partnerships to ensure that we are top of mind for current and future pursuits
- Shape technical efforts with government, and articulate needs for which the customer themselves may not realize yet
- Lead individual captures from shaping through to proposal and closing
- Engage Govt operators, programmers, and acquisitions in targeted, planned approach to enable capture success
- Promote SpiderOak at events and industry days, and write thought-leadership white papers
- Conduct market research and analysis
- As needed, act as subject matter expert and complete additional tasks as directed
What You’ll Bring
- Expert-level of understanding of the space industry
- Have excellent communication and proposal writing skills
- Be able to attain/maintain security clearance; US Citizen with no adverse background that would prevent up to a TS//SCI clearance, current clearance preferred
- Demonstrated track record of developing solutions and closing on opportunities in the US Government space minimum of 3 years
- 1 year if you have prior US Government service
- Bachelor’s in Science degree required to complete this role successfully
This positions title and salary are dependent on experience. Salary for this role is base + commission.
This Position will be in the Northern Virginia area (Reston, VA office) but the Company is willing to consider someone located in the Colorado Springs area
What We Provide
SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems is a 100% remote-based working environment. Our culture is built on trust and flexibility. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and welcome new ideas and talents.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. In other words, we welcome you just as you are!
To learn more about SpiderOak Inc. and Mission Systems, visit our website at: https://spideroak.com/home/